Sunday, January 31, 2010

LO-FI GOODIES, VOL 2


Just two weeks to go until the Winter Olympics, and I'm pretty jazzed. Overall, I like the winter games better than the summer games. I love track and field, and tolerate swimming, but other than that, the summer games just don't thrill me that much. But the winter games...that's another story. I love hockey...at least I did before the NHL players started playing in it. But I still enjoy it. I love speed skating. I've been a huge fan since Eric Heiden in 1980. Those Lake Placid games was were I became hooked.

I tend to remember those games the most because I was home from school almost the entire time, hobbled up with a broken ankle. I had been playing basketball, went for a rebound, and came down on the side of another guys foot. Just the thought if it, 30 years later, makes me cringe. The ankle was so screwed, and was so sprained along with broken, I had to wait a couple days to get it x-rayed. Looking back, I'm surprised I didn't need to get pins in it. But anyway, it was a horrific sprain, and to this day, that ankle always gives me problems. But I digress. The doctor ordered me off my foot for a couple weeks, and those weeks just happened to be when the Olympics occurred, so I got to sit and watch it all day and night.

Other than hockey, I really love watching bob-sledding and luge, and those crazy bastards on the ski-jump. If there was ever a more gonzo sport that ski-jumping, I have no clue what it is. I also like the cross country skiing. Downhill, I can take it of leave it, but I have to admit, it's freaking insane hos fast them guys go.

There is just so much to look forward to, I can't wait. Oh, and I finally got my date to start my new job. 3/1/2010...just another month of chaos, and I'm free!

Chris Knox - I Wanna Look Like Darcy Clay








Liz Phair - Divorce Song








Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945








Royal Trux - Sunshine and Grease








Sebadoh - Gimmie Indie Rock






0 comments:

Post a Comment