Monday, January 25, 2010

40 YEARS OF UNDERGROUND MUSIC, VOL 1


Last Tuesday, I gave a little review of the football games this weekend, and threw out who I thought would win. As I am writing this on Sunday evening, it looks like I called at least the first game correctly. Good old Peyton Manning, nothing but ice water in them veins. Like I said then, he's one of those guys who, even if you're up by 10 with 3 minutes left, you still get a little freaked, because that dude is just that good.

I'm watching the second game right now, and the old guy Favre is looking good, even if he is looking beat. It's 14-7 Minnesota, but that don't mean squat. New Orleans is making a little play right now and I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot more scoring before this one is done. UPDATE: And just like that, as I'm typing this, the Saints scored and it's now a tie game, 14 -14. So I said that I thought that New Orleans would win in a game with lots of scoring, eking it out in the end. I suppose it's going to be a few hours before I know if I'm write or not.

And speaking of football, the all star game BEFORE the Superbowl? Who thought of that one? If I was a player, first, I would be a little pissed that the game was in Miami, and not in Hawaii...no offense to Miami, but it ain't Hawaii, right? Of course, it's all marketing...of all the all star games, the NFL's is probably the least watched, least interesting game. I honestly don't remember ever watching one, and I don't know anyone else who has say and watched on end to end either. Maybe this will change things, but I doubt it. We all want the Superbowl, and now we're back to waiting two weeks for it, so the fix will help the wait. I know I won't be watching it.

As you all are reading this, I am back on the road traveling again, another week of bad meals, long days, and uncomfortable hotel rooms. It's kind of ironic...by traveling so much, I get rewards miles for the airline and rewards points for the hotels, but the last thing I want to do is use them to travel! My wife, though, at least gets to benifit from all the points and miles...she pretty much travels for free to California to visit her grand daughter! That makes it all worth it.

The Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes








The Stooges - Down On The Street








David Bowie - Space Oddity








Lou Reed - Satellite of Love








New York Dolls - Personality Crisis






3 comments:

Retro Hound said...

Great bunch of songs today. Good call on the games!

Jim said...

Even freakier than the call on the game...if you go back last week and read what I wrote Tuesday, I said that Favre would has a tendency to through interceptions at the wrong time and that would cost them the game! I was spot on!

Retro Hound said...

Dang, you're in the wrong job! You should be working in Vegas.

Post a Comment