Saturday, January 2, 2010

ONE HIT WONDERS, VOL 2


The worst part about January 2nd is the realization that there isn't another holiday until May. That means no day's off unless I take some vacation. I can deal with that...I usually don't take a lot of days off anyway. But still, 5 months with no holiday? Give me a break. Maybe we should invent one...I mean, it's bad enough that it's winter out, and cabin fever sets in. But to not have any days off? That's unfair.

The second day of one hit wonders finds a pretty big variety. Everything from 70's rock to 80's hair metal, to 90's alternative. I think today is a pretty decent selection, but my favorite is definitely Soft Cell's Tainted Love. I remember when that song came out...I was a senior in High School, and had just gotten a new girlfriend. This song was one of our favorites. 1981 was a pretty decent year, though I can't believe it was almost 30 years ago. If I close my eyes, I can still remember parking with her, listening to great tunes. I eventually married (and subsequently divorced) that girl, but that a story for another time!










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please re-post autograph. it abruptly cuts off at 4:34

Jim said...

See if that works better for you.

Retro Hound said...

You should work for a university or the government. We have MLK day, and Spring Break.

I hate Mississippi Queen.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I appreciate it. Love reading your blog and love your taste in music. Some stuff i know, others you turn me on to. --mike

Jim said...

Mountain sure ain't for everyone. I can stand a little of it, but not a lot. It's like Allman Brothers...I can listen to some of their stuff, but not a whole lot. As a whole, I really don't like a lot of the whole southern rock genre.

Retro Hound said...

Now the Allman Brothers I can listen to for hours. The live version of Whipping Post is almost that long.

Post a Comment