Monday, January 4, 2010

Left Of The Dial, Vol. 1


Today, I'm on my way to Boulder. About the only great thing about me traveling so much last year is that I was able to become Platinum on Delta. Last year, I did about 120K miles (halfway to the moon!), took 36 business trips, and spent way too many nights in bad hotels. But, like I said, I made Platinum last year, and that means that most of the trips I take now I get bumped up into first class. But here's the thing...even though I made all those trip last year, I am still on some kind of watch list...go figure. But what that really means is that if all these new airport security rules are a pain in the ass to most people, they are absolutely BRUTAL on me. Here's an idea...instead of putting a guy named Jim Smith through all this extra bullshit, keep a better eye on guys named Umar Abdulmutallab, whose father actually told the CIA his kid wants to blow up a plane. You know, just sayin'.

Today, I start a new series of posts based on the excellent CD-Set, Left Of The Dial: Tales From The 80's Underground. It's an album that I've had on my iPod for a few years now, and it's one that any true music fan need grab a hold of. LOTS of great music in the set, and many hours of listening pleasure coming your way. So you will NOT want to miss these posts. I'll do some this week, and some next week. I think you'll all enjoy!











2 comments:

Retro Hound said...

You know how much I love this collection. I did a sort of review of it at http://rantsbyrobert.blogspot.com/2008/07/rip-it-up-and-start-again-our-band.html and in fact, that's how I found your old blog.

Jim said...

I love you're review of the collection, btw. It's pretty much spot on, especially the Throbbing Gristle comment! :-) I like a lot of bizarre music, but I don't know if there is anything that Throbbing Gristle did that I care for. And your right, great name, lousy sound. I also like your review of Tear It Up and start Again. It's a must read for anyone that loves post-punk. My old site I did some posts based on it, and I think I need to redo them on this site. It's just such a great read!

Post a Comment