Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LEFT OF THE DIAL, VOL. 6


Jeez, the world seems a little upside down right now. When you hear of a 7.0 earthquake, you expect that it happened somewhere in Asia, or California. But on an island near Cuba? And a 7.0 at that, with a couple after shocks of 5.5 and 5.0. That's pretty powerful stuff. Here's hoping that the damage is minimal, and the lost of life lower that they are reporting on the tube.

Then I read where Google is shocked...shocked I say...to find out that the Chinese government breached the accounts of political dissidents. Wow...the Chinese not holding to their word. Imagine that. And Google's answer is to stop censoring search results. I'm sorry, but it's pretty reprehensible that they would have practiced censorship at the request of a repressive government. I guess money is money. Still, I'm of the believe that information, like thought and speech, should be free. Nothing irritates me more than a government that censors it's people, press and dictating that those that want to business with them censor themselves as well. OK, enough politics. But on the brightside, I guess my blog is now unavailable to 1/4 of the worlds population. And yes, I have had visitors from China.

So, last day this week for the Left of The Dial posts for this week. I'll be back with a few more next week, but in the meantime, I have some stuff set up that I think you'll all love, so come on back tomorrow!









0 comments:

Post a Comment