Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LEFT OF THE DIAL, VOL. 8


I'm seriously thinking of changing up the look of this blog. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't love it, ya know? As someone who has done a theme change on a few blogs, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be smooth as silk. But I'm looking to change up some things in the next few weeks, to make things more accessible, and to make things look better. I'll give everyone a heads up.

Unfortunately, I missed the football games yesterday, though I did catch some of the Indy game in Saturday. I guess I still don't have a team I'm pulling for yet. I guess to me, it doesn't make a huge difference. I like Indy, because I like Payton Manning. You can tell he takes the game seriously, and I respect people that have the ability to take a game onto their shoulders and come though. You just know that is Indy is down by less than a touchdown, with a few minutes left, that Manning is gonna make something happen. I like that cold blooded, put the dagger in the heart player who smiles at you, tells you what he's about to do, and then goes out and executes.

On the other hand, Minnesota has an old guy, and it's hard not to root for the old guys. Favre is 40 years old, a few years younger than me. And he's at the top of his game. I like that too. An old guy who shows the young punks how it's done. I like old guys who spit in the eyes of the cocky young punks..."You don't want to mess with me punk, trust me. I've forgotten more crap than you ever learned!" kind of guy.

But then again, I like the Jet's, and the history there...the old Namath Jet's were a little before my time, but I love the fact that they went back to the old logo and the old uniforms. But overall, I can't say I'm rooting for them.

And New Orleans, as much as I think this would be great for the city, I just can't get real excited about them. I haven't seem them play too much, but I like Drew Brees...he makes things look easy, kind of like Peyton Manning. I can tell you one thing...the game next week between New Orleans and Minnesota is going to be a barn burner. Last man standing kind of thing.

I'm going out on a limb here, but here is how I think things will play out. First, I think that New Orleans is going to beat the old guy in a game for the ages. Some obscene score like 42-35. Lots of points, and I think the old guy throws one too many interceptions at the wrong time, trying to make things happen. You can't do that against New Orleans and expect to win. While I would like to see the Jets win, I think they are a year away, and I think Peyton Manning tears em apart.

That would leave an Indy-New Orleans Superbowl. I just can't see anyone beating Indy. Now, let me hedge my bet here a second...while I don't think Indy will loose to the Jets, I do think if they do, the Jets will win the Superbowl. Just my two cents, and next Monday, we'll see how I did.










2 comments:

Retro Hound said...

Good luck with the change up. I'm always fidgiting around with mine for a while after I set up a blog.

We had a family crisis (not the hospital kind thankfully) that we had to deal with this weekend so I didn't get to see any of the games.

Can you believe I never heard Bela Lugosi's Dead until I bought this set? And I was pretty familiar with Bauhaus.

Jim said...

RH, I've found some cool things to do with Blogger, but this theme doesn't let you do most of em, or I maybe I'm just too dumb to figure it out. :-)

Post a Comment