Friday, January 22, 2010

BIG HITS OF THE 80'S, VOL 1


Today is a great, beautiful type of day, a day that no matter what, ends up great. Why, you ask? Because it's FLYDAY! And Flyday is goin' home day. It means that even though my issues with India are not fixed (and in fact, not even my issues with South Africa turns out to have been fixed!), today is the day I am heading home to my family. And ever though I have to be back on the road for the next few weeks, for a couple days, I can sleep in my own bed, relax in my own house, and feel normal.

On the upside, I had my second interview with a VP today, and it looks like the job is mine if I want it. Oh...wait, I may not have mentioned that part! There is a job opening here, and it's a lot better than the tedious crap I have to deal with on a day to day basis. It's a job on the engagement side of the house, so I would be dealing more with customers during the sales cycle. Making sure that the solutions we sell then actually meet their requirements, and will actually work and can be deployed.

Last but not least, notice the little image up there. I think Conan got screwed, and I honestly hope that NBC goes down in flame for it. I think it's not only fair to Conan, but to all the people who work from him. At the end of the day, Conan is going to be ok...he richer than any of us will ever be. But it is about corporate ethics, which now days is a contradiction in terms. Or, as Conan said last week, in America, you can do anything you want...as long as Jay Leno doesn't want to do it as well.








1 comments:

Retro Hound said...

Your IPOD thing is playing yesterday's songs.

Post a Comment