Monday, February 1, 2010

LO-FI GOODIES, VOL 3


As I'm writing this (Sunday night), I'm watching the Grammy awards. The wife loves watching this stuff, and since I gotta travel tomorrow morning, I figure I'll choke it down with her. And I gotta tell you, pretty much this one show sums up for me everything that is wrong with the music industry. The opening act was Beyonce...I know someone out there must think she is great, because she sells a lot of music. But there is just nothing about her music I find even remotely entertaining. And when she starts that zombie dancing crap she does, with that vapid, stupid look on her face, I just want to smash the TV. If these people put half the effort into the music as they do the stage "show", and I call it a show because none of them sing live, they might have someting.

And speaking of something, I've been hearing some buzz about the new movie The Runaways. Kristin Stewart looks pretty good as a young Joan Jett, and in the shocker of the century, Dakota Fanning playing Cherie Currie. As much of a shocker it is to see her playing a frown up part, is the fact that it looks from the clips like she pulls it off. What I can't see is Scout Taylor-Compton as Lita Ford. She just doesn't have that bad as hell, biker chic from hell look that Lita had in the 70's and 80's. But who knows. She just may pull it off. I know I'll be checking it out when it's released.


Silver Jews - Sometimes A Pony Gets Depressed








The Magnetic Fields - I Think I Need A New Heart








The Swirlies - Tree Chopped Down








White Stripes - Blue Orchid








Yo La Tengo - Tom Courtenay






1 comments:

Retro Hound said...

Well, Beyonce has a great voice. I don't know what you mean about "zombie dance" cause I don't think I've ever seen her sing, except in Cadillac Records.

Post a Comment