Tuesday, February 2, 2010

JACKED UP TUNES, VOL 1


Big long day of travel yesterday. Up early (why is it that my insomnia goes only when I set the alarm clock? As soon as I set it, I sleep like a baby.), and out into the cold (8 degrees!), and a swift 100 mile drive to the airport. Wait around a couple hours, and then up in the air. The straight through to LAX was pretty expensive, so I figured I would save my company some cash (like $400!) and take the one stop through Memphis. Plus, I get some extra miles for the old Elite status! Anyway, buy the time I landed in LAX, I had driven 100 miles, and then flown a total of 6 hours. Then I drove through LA traffic at rush hours. Yep, that's what my day looked like.

So, one last comment on the Grammy's last night. Looks like Kings of Lean won album of the year or something like that. My wife is a huge fan of theirs, and played that album non-stop. It actually grew on my, and I'm pretty happy to see it win. Maybe I'll post something from it in te next few days.

Well, it's late, and I'm beat. I am heading to bed. Enjoy the tunes. Oh, the title of this post, and the songs, come from Jack FM, a station I pretty much seem to get in every city I visit. Have a good Tuesday!
Donnie Iris - Ah! Leah!








The Kills - The Tape Song








Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock








A Flock Of Seagulls - Space Age Love Song








Queen - Body Language






1 comments:

Retro Hound said...

OH MY WORD! Do I remember Donny Iris and Flock of Seagulls. I had the Donny Iris on a casette tape someone gave me. And I knew a cute girl named Leah at the time too.

Post a Comment