Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Trippin' The Underground - Glam Rock


Merry Freaking Christmas Week! I can't decide if it feels like Christmas or not. Outside, the snow is starting back up a little bit...but not a lot. I see the decorations and all the TV specials, but I just don't have that Christmas spirit, if you know what I mean. Maybe as the week goes on, I'll start getting more into it. It could be that my daughter visited last weekend, and we celebrated it already with her, so it kind of feels done.

What ever. The music is the important thing here anyway. Today, I'm kind of starting a few days of looking a little bit into some of the different genres of music, and I'd like to take it in a chronological order, so I'm starting with some early to mid 70's Glam. For the most part, Glam isn't something that I listen to, with a few exceptions. Old Bowie, obviously, and some T Rex. I guess maybe because it was just a few years before I really started to listen to music seriously. However, there is one song on the list that I remember like it was yesterday.

There summer that Sweet's Little Willy came out, my step father was working at a gas station, and he used to make my sister and I go with him to work, and hang out in there. This was before gas stations became stores and places to eat. Basically, there wasn't anything there to do, so my sister and I sat and listened to the radio playing in the mechanics garage. My sister and I used to sing Little Willy at the top of our lungs, and to this day, I can still sing the whole damn song. Three things I remember about that summer at the gas station...Nutter Butter bars, Hawaiian Punch in a can, and Little Willy.









0 comments:

Post a Comment