Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Buzz Cuts, Day 2


As promised, I'm back. I took a couple days off to take care of my daughter, who had a minor surgery. As a parent, one of the most helpless feelings I've ever had was watching them wheel her into the operating room. She is an extraordinarily brave young woman, but sitting with her before they came for her, I could tell she was a little nervous. She put up a great fight, but I know my baby girl, and she was nervous. I grabbed a hold of her hand, and held it a few minutes, without saying a word, and I think that helped calm her a little. But the worst was when she came out of recovery.

She was pretty upset, and crying, which just about ripped my heart out. If you've ever been under for an operation, you know that when you first wake up, your brain is still a little scrambled. I guess she was pretty disoriented, and not really sure of where she was or what was happening, and she got pretty upset. But once mom and dad was allowed in to see her, she calmed down a lot, took a little nap, and when she woke up, she was a lot better. As I write this, she is back to herself, albeit with a sore throat. But all s well, and I'm happy.









1 comments:

Retro Hound said...

All excellent songs.

Post a Comment